Friday, October 29, 2010

Dream, Vision, Action...Success!!

Someone once said, "you can do what you can dream." I don't remember where exactly this quote comes from but I often keep this in the back of my mind when things seem unreachable or unattainable. To do something of significant importance requires a vision. But a vision isn't merely enough. As we have learned, "Vision without action is just a dream. Action without vision merely wastes time. Vision coupled with action can make things happen." So not only to we have to envision an end result but we have to figure out to attain that, what are the steps we must take to make our vision a reality? I would have to say that my first goal would be to have a good job when I graduate from Baruch. In whatever job I choose to pursue, I want to be successful, not necessarily financially, though that would be great, but I want to be happy and I want to create a name for myself. To achieve this, I will push myself beyond limits to do the best of my ability and created opportunities for myself. My second goal is one in which I have had ever since I was a little kid. Playing softball and being an athlete my entire life, I have always wanted to develop a state of the art softball facility in my home town. It always seemed like the baseball fields were always cared for while the softball fields were left neglected and I wanted to do something to change that. To achieve this goal, I hope that I am successful and am able to somehow raise funds and donate money to an idea I think would be extremely beneficial to young girls interested in the game. My third goal would be to eventually be able to go back to Baruch and my high school and be able to donate or to be able to help students obtain jobs or internships in the fields that I have chosen. To do this, I would have to work hard in my career and become a leader someday. Vision can become reality, one must have the want and the willpower to take action.

10 comments:

  1. Its great the you're envisioning health/athletic goals as well as career goals. People graduate college get into the "real world" and forget about the little things. Its great that you want to do this for your town. Hold on to you vision hope it becomes a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you like going back to your "roots" and giving them support which is great. I like your goal about raising funds and donations for softball fields, because it would be beneficial for many peopele and it is something that not too many people would be willing to do. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's really nice that in your Vision there is nothing about money for yourself.
    Whenever you mention money it is for donation or funding raising.
    I think it is great that you always try to get the best out of yourself in order to help the other as in the case of coming back to Baruch and help students.
    I think everyone should hope you will be able to get your vision come true...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ I agree with Yigal. When people think about their future, they always want to make lots and lots of money. What's different about you is that you'd actually like to fundraise and give back to the community, which is great! I think it's very touching for people to actually give up their own money to someone who deserves it, even if they worked hard for that money in the first place :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley I admire the idea of helping those who are in need. I think you have a dream and a way to get there. Nothing is handed to you, hard work and determination is the key to success. With your vision I hope you can achieve all that's possible and more. I think that the road ahead will present many obsticles, but if you know what you want, nothing can stop you. Good Luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to me you care more about supporting people. Coming back to school to assist student is something that everyone should do after graduation; but only few people think about it. I support your visions of helping others who are in need and wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally second you on the point when you said, "In whatever job I choose to pursue, I want to be successful". I see that you have a very clear vision on what you want to do in future. I wish you luck for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you when u said that you don't necessarily want to be financially but happy with what you are doing. This is true! Indeed, financial success does not mean happiness and if we recall the marslow's hierachy of needs usually people on top are the least happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making the plan is difficult. We don’t know what will happen in the future. For now, we should do better for our study and get the grade to graduate. After that we can look for a good job. Working experience is important for our life because we cannot learn from the book. I hope you can achieve to all goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although for many of us our childhood dreams now seem foolish since we've reached a mature age there are a few of us who actually picked a good dream when we were little. If softball is something you really enjoy, I think you should definatley strive to make that vision a reality.

    ReplyDelete